Frequently Asked Questions
NAID® (National Association for Information Destruction) is the international trade association for companies providing confidential information destruction services.
Certification is a voluntary program where a service provider allows a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) contracted by NAID to conduct a comprehensive audit of the service providers operation.
*The Annual Audit verified that the service provider complies with the standards for..
• Employee Clearance: drug screening, employment history, criminal background
• Access Control: assured security of removal, facility security, monitored alarms, video monitoring
• The Destruction Process: destruction timeframe, and disposal of destroyed materials
• Secure Processing: verifies compliance with the service provider’s written policies and procedures
There are over 20 key elements verified with each audit.
NAID® Certified service providers are subject to unscheduled random audits. Unannounced Audits are conducted by a trained CPP at the secure destruction facility and in the field.
*NAID® Certification Brochure 2006
- the investment that you will need to make in equipment to shred
- the sensitivity of the information (employees should not have access to certain information)
- who in your organization will be responsible for shredding and/or monitoring compliance with an internal program
- the value of those who will spend time shredding
Notable benefits of hiring CSC: enhanced security, consistent and reliable shredding practices and verified compliance with information protection regulations. In addition, our service will cost you less than shredding in-house. Plus your employees can focus on their primary responsibilities.
Shredded material is baled prior to shipment to a pulp mill.
CSC recycles everything possible after it is destroyed. We have relationships with mills for recycling plastics, metal and paper. Recycling alone does not establish the necessary security requirements of information destruction such as: 1) How it was destroyed? 2) Where it was destroyed? 3) Who destroyed it? 4) When it was destroyed? 5) Legal chain of custody. 6) Fiduciary obligations.
Yes. A certificate of destruction certifying the date your materials were destroyed is provided with all of our services.
In addition to Central Illinois we also service the following areas: Bloomington, Champaign, Danville, Decatur, East Peoria, Galesburg, LaSalle/Peru, Moline, Morton, Quad Cities, Quincy, Rock Island, and Springfield.
Service frequency is based on your need.
Witnessed shredding is arranged by appointment.
Confidential Security Corporation provides information destruction services for residential clients, in addition to our commercial customers. We can schedule a pickup at your home or storage unit, or you can bring your materials to our facility.
When you drop your materials off, you have the option of staying to watch the destruction in our state-of-the-art shredding system.
NAID AAA Certified
In 2000, Confidential Security Corporation became the first ever company to become AAA NAID Certified. The International Secure Information Governance & Management Association™ (i-SIGMA®) verifies compliance with all data protection laws, fulfilling your regulatory due diligence obligations.
We leave nothing to read... You leave nothing to chance.
Book your secure document and hard drive destruction!